The Israeli Embassy, which was housed in a building on Simrockallee from 1974 to 1999, was undoubtedly the most heavily guarded embassy in Bonn.
Twenty years after the Holocaust, 13 years after the reparations agreement of September 1952 was concluded between Israel and Germany, and a little less than four years after the 1961 trial of Adolf Eichmann in Jerusalem, the Federal Republic of Germany and the State of Israel established diplomatic relations.
In 1974, after being initially housed in a building on Ubierstraße, the Israeli Embassy building on Simrockallee was completed. Protected by high walls and security installations, the embassy was known to be the most heavily guarded diplomatic mission in Bonn. The edifice was converted into an office building in 2003.